If you are on a weight loss journey for the new year, then you may want to follow a clean-eating habit. “Clean foods” will fill your body with plentiful vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein and healthy fats, which improve heart and brain health, assist with weight management, build a stronger immune system and increase energy levels, among other benefits. And if you think preparing your dinner following this diet is a challenge, then think again because you can actually make a lot of healthy dinner meals with clean foods!
With that said, here are some tips on how to make a clean, healthy dinner for weight loss:
- Cook for yourself. Making your own food is the easiest and healthiest way to control the ingredients of your meal and what goes in and stays out of your body.
- Choose whole natural foods and eliminate processed foods. The majority of your dinner meal should contain fresh ingredients.
- Go for green. You will never go wrong with green, leafy veggies such as spinach, kale, and arugula which are nutritious and can be added to almost any meal. Adding a mixed green salad as a side dish won’t hurt, too!
- Choose unrefined foods. Up your intake of whole grains like brown rice, millet, quinoa, beans and legumes, as well as clean sugar such as honey and maple syrup.
- Include protein, carbohydrates, and fat. Protein is an important muscle-builder and can help control your appetite.
- Don’t drink your calories. High calorie drinks such as coffees and soft drinks take up approximately 400 to 500 calories a day! With this, you will never go wrong with water! Another alternatives are unsweetened tea, low-fat or skim milk, and 100% fruit juice.
8. Chilli Lime Steak Fajitas
7. Chicken Burrito Bowls (Meal Prep)
6. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
Alright, I promised all the recipes are under 30 min. But I couldn’t avoid at least one slow cooker option. It’s such a time-saver if you are away all day and get back home from work, and your dinner is waiting for you, ready and warm. You will spend just a few minutes to put all ingredients together and then leave it cooking on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
Recipe details at Spendwithpennies
5. Clean Eating Chicken Salad Sizzling Cilantro Lime Fajita Style
Recipe details at Cleaneatingrecipes
4. One Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Check healthy dinner recipe at number-2-pencil.com
3. Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato Skillet
Check recipe details at Primaverakitchen
2. Quick Healthy And Super Simple Tuna Fish Salad
Check the detailed Ketogenic recipe at TheHealthyFoodie.
1. One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies